Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Packing to go...PO Day 140

It's been over four months since my shoulder surgery and the relative isolation of recuperation began. Certainly, there have been a lot of doctor visits and more than usual fast food outings. But not so many social occasions. At first I didn't feel like it and then for a while I couldn't drive so not too many shopping outings. My stamina is still not back to normal so two or three errands locally is enough. A really big event is going to a movie.

But now we are ready to take a little trip. Nothing big, just a three or four day getaway.  We southerners migrate north this time of the year to admire the fall colors and cool temps. When the rest of the civilized world is sporting sweaters and flannel plaid shirts we are still wearing t-shirts and shorts. So as the daylight gets shorter and the reds of the  maple, sweet gum and black Tupelo compete with the yellows of the sassafras, hickory and ash, we pull out our sweaters that faintly reek of moth balls, find some long pants that haven't shrunk hanging in the back of the closet and unearth a pair of closed toe shoes to try to squeeze our flip-flop flattened summer feet into. Of course we take way more than we need. But you never know what weather phenomenon will occur. Once we were unexpectedly snowed in for three days, stranded in a small motel in a small town as the vacation clock ticked down. This time of year a hurricane evacuation plan can morph into a fall foliage foray. "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

But, God willing and the creek don't rise, this trip will be routine. Do I take my arm exercise equipment? Dare I take a break? Do I have room for a two pound York weight, the pulley that hooks over a door, the vacuum cleaner tube that I use for flexion exercises, a couple stretchy bands, the Goniometer Dear Husband made for me and the protractor that goes with it, is there anything else? I  think I'd better take a break.  Do I take my iPad, malfunctioning as it is? (iOS 8.1 has solved some problems and created others.) What about the Blog? Will I experience withdrawal if I can't share my angst of the moment? If I take it along, will I have the impetus to disengage and glance up at the scenic beauty of the season occasionally? Or are you always on my mind?

http://youtu.be/R7f189Z0v0Y






2 comments:

  1. Herbal medicine for herpes simplex...................

    Work Fast in 14 days,

    Email (( Robinsonbuckler11@gmail.com ))

    ReplyDelete