Translate

Friday, November 21, 2014

Major malfunction...PO Day 159

Well, this is interesting.

Just after 3:00 AM this morning I logged in to my blogger account and began to post today's entry. At that hour I make a lot of erroneous keystrokes. Honestly, I do all the time. Anyway, suddenly the print on the page changed and everything, every word, every instruction that I did not personally type turned into a kind of rectangular "0". I thought I had accidentally hit HTML or something weird like that.

But I hadn't. I tried to reset the page. I logged out and logged back in. I logged into my account with safari instead of chrome. I turned off my iPad. I muttered a few bad words, like oh darn and drat. I reported the situation to google via the help line. I looked at the community help line. I didn't get any help but but did find that something similar had happened to other users but no recent complaints and no solution offered.

Half way guessing I managed to click enough of the right 0000 or 000 0000 boxes that I made it to the "post" box and zipped off PO Day 158. I decided sleep would solve my technical problems and went back to my usual restless 3:00-6:00 AM repose. First thing on awakening I logged in to confirm life was back to normal.

It wasn't and at 5:00 PM it still isn't. By habit and a fair memory I can move around the site. I occasionally open the wrong box and find myself in unfamiliar territory. But so far I have managed to not lose anything. And the 000 disease has not spread to my actual posts so I am still typing letters and hopefully you are still reading ewords. Normally I can tell if readers are in the US or France or The Ukraine. But now you are in 00000 or 000 0000000 or 000000 and I haven't deciphered the secret code.

So I don't know what is going to happen. If I disappear for a day or two it will only be to try to fix things. I wonder if I open a new blog if that would solve the issue? Or is this a message from the great computer in the sky telling me to quit talking about rTSA and get on with life? 

1 comment:

  1. NO! This is not a signal of some kind to stop blogging!!! No way!
    Keep your blog going! Some sort of tech glitch is responsible.

    ReplyDelete