Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Predictive text...PO Day 369

I have been a little worried about my brain lately. As you know I often write my posts in the night. A couple times I posted the messages right away and went back to sleep. When I looked at the blog the next morning it really did not make good sense. I thought in my sleeepy state that I was ramblintg at best, delusional at worst. Weird words appeared out of context. What was I thinking?

I rushed to correct the typos and fix the unusual insertions, all the while wondering what deep recesses of my brain came up with those words so unrelated to what I was thiinking or what I thought I was thinking.

I learned not to publish the post until I read it when I was not so sleepy. The problem is a somnolent person is not necessarily the best judge of how sleepy they are. Evidenced by the drivers who don't realize how sleepy they are and crash. While that has kept me from the most egregious mumbo-jumbo presentations it has not reassured me that my brain was doing alright.

My typing is always messy but in the night in the dark it is downright chaotiic. Apple, in their wisdom, has created "predictive text" to speed things along. As I begin to type a word the program completes it for me saving me having to type the full word, having learned how much help I need. But the program is too smart. It remembers weird words I have used once and sticks them in where they don't belong. Once I said La Belle Fille rhymes with La Belfry...the word belfry peppered my writing for weeks after that! I have "typoed" shoulder so much the program thinks it is spelled shuolder!


So I have decided the problem is not my brain...it's my fingers! I wish I were a more accurate typist but I'm glad to think my brain is doing okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment