Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Good outcome...PO Day 346

Now I know I have to open a new blog! A few minutes ago I hit something and now the few words that did appear on my site are now in Lithuanian! I can ask to translate it to English but the new default keeps going back to Lithuanian. I'm not kidding. ARGH!

But the good news is That I saw my surgeon and all is well. I had three x-rays and nothing has changed Which is what you want. I took the Simple Shoulder Test again (see previous post 131) and can do most everything on it now. Well, throwing a ball overhand 65 Feet: may be a problem. Obviously written by a man.

My surgeon and I agree I have done great. He said people who have this surgery for arthritis are the ones who have the best results. People like me, a broken shoulder and a torn rotator cuffs, do not usually do as well. But he said I have had as good a result as he has seen. And I agree I am doing well.  He said I was showing good deltoid development, which is what now raises and lowers the arm.

We talked about what I May and May not do. All normal activity is okay. What not to do? Do not lift weights. If it hurts, do not do it. No jerking, yanking motions. I can kayak but do not try to lift the kayak onto the roof of the car. And do not fall down.

I will see him again in one year.

A goof visit, a good report.

No comments:

Post a Comment