Translate

Monday, June 15, 2015

Just chatter...PO Day 357

Enough serious talk the last several days. I really am not  obsessed with dire medical news. It must look that way though.What is it about "news" that it has to be bad to be interesting? While I live in a small town our television news comes out of a medium large city 75 miles away. The nightly news is a litany of robbery, car crashes and murder. The choice to watch local news or national news is a choice between your daily dose of violence on a local or global scale. One of the national networks tries to end their nightly broadcast on a positive note. It just doesn't work for me.

Oops, more serious talk!

Changing the subject...I am trying to water paint. I'm on the third attempt at a small portrait of  a family member when he was little. It's not going well. Catching the spark of a person is truly difficult. I'm no artist but I can do a recognizable inage of an inanimate article. But a person? Impossible!   So, what do I do if the painting comes out 'just fair?" Certainly not a Monet, not even a Picasso. Do I give it to the subject? That was my original plan. Do I keep it and hang it in some out of the way spot where no one will see it?

Is it possible that the subject might be so flattered with my effort that he will see only the effort and not the result? I wish.:)  As said, I am on my third attempt which I think is going to be my last. Each try one aspect improves and another gets worse.



And while Iam asking rhetorical questions...what do I do about my Blog? There's not a lot more for me to say about rTSA, although it is always fun to talk about oneself and your medical issues. I was highly motivated to start a new blog when the site was corrupted and there did not seem to be any way to  correct the  serious problesm I had with it. But the miracle of the Lithuanian language glitch ended up serendipitously fixing all my problems with the site. No, I have no idea why it resolved the troubles but I'll take it.  So, naturally, I am less motivated to start over.

I am not narcissictic enough to think I have something really interesting to say. But writing the blog has gotten to be a routine, a ritual so to speak. What else can I do at 3:30 in the morning? It looks like I have about 8 more days to make a decision. What to do?

1 comment:

  1. Keep on writing the blog! It is as much a ritual to read it on this end as it is for you to write it. I would miss it if it were simply to be "gone"!
    Hope your portrait comes out just the way you' d like it to.

    ReplyDelete