Translate

Monday, June 22, 2015

Aging Changes...P O Day 364

I just read an article from WebMD about normal aging changes. There were all the expected things like getting shorter, needing reading glasses, having some aches and pains. I had always heard that your nose got longer as you aged but that was not mentioned. Maybe that only happens if you fib a little like Pinocchio. They also did not mention your feet getting bigger. Everyone I know says their shoe size has changed on the larger side. Mine certainly has.

Mostly the changes are negative. It seems no one reports the positive side to aging. But, yes, I think there can be,  there is.

As we grow older we don't hear as well. I do notice that I have to occasionally ask someone to repeat themselves. Bummer. But consequently I am learning to pay better attention and focus on the speaker. I'm sure I come across as more interested and people like that.

I am definitely not as strong as I was even just a few years ago. I have to be more creative about moving something heavy like moving furniture. So I have to be smarter. I bought some of those sliders that go under the legs of furniture. Now it takes much less power to push something and it does not scratch the flloor.

Everyone complains of being forgetful. Perfectly normal. I cope by being more organized. We keep a family calendar and link it between devices with the cloud.

You realize you are running out of time to write the great American novel. This has really inpacted my life recently. I am no longer the chronic procrastinator I have always beeen. I am acconplishing so much, it amazes me!

I don't sleep as long or as well. But I value the quiet time in the middle of the night when the house is dark and there are no distractions. I don't just lie there hoping sleep will creep back in. The heck with all that stuff about no computer in the bedroom. Fortunately Dear Husband sleeps soundly so I could run the vacuun cleaner if I wanted to, Well, that's probably a bit of an  exaggeration.

But there is an aging change WebMD reported that I can't seem to rationalize. They say our ears get bigger as we get older. I don't like my nose or my double chin and my eyes are too close together but I always thought I had nice, smallish ears. They didn't stick out and the lobes were just big enough for a tasteful pierced earring. Nthing too big or gaudy. Now they tell me to expect some changes? This is getting to be uaccceptable.



No comments:

Post a Comment