Translate

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Surgery Day + 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10


How I would like to join this little guy in a bath! Well into and beyond a week sponge baths are not enough! But I am probably too weak to stand up in a shower. L'autre Belle Fille (that's the "other step daughter in French) brought me a shower chair. I didn't think I needed it but I keep being proven wrong about how much help I need. I can sit on it and use the hand shower attachment to rinse carefully not getting my shoulder wet. She knew what she was doing. She also brought ice packs, a thermometer with disposable sleeves and a fresh, smiling face not dulled by hours of my medical complaints. My temperature is low, like 95.8; my BP is low, around 90/50, and my pulse is rapid, 100+. And I am so breathless.

I am hardly aware of my shoulder and cannot complain of any measurable level of pain. Just weak. It is hard for me to let other people take care of me but right now I have no choice.

I see my surgeon for my first post op visit today. I know he will be pleased with his handiwork. I have so much less discomfort now, even just ten days post op, than I did all of the last eleven months!

No comments:

Post a Comment