Translate

Monday, July 14, 2014

Surgery day + 17, 18, 19, and 20

Just trying to get life back to normal. It's a holiday weekend, in real time, so everything has waited till Monday, the 20th PO day.

My ortho surgeon gave me a list of possible sites to have physical therapy. I decided to use the facility at the hospital. He seemed pleased with my choice, although he did not try to influence me at all. I liked that. I am late arranging this but the secretary on the phone was very cooperative and gave me an appointment for tomorrow for the initial visit. I am anxious that the therapist has experience and that we have been reading the same guidelines for reverse total shoulder replacement PT. I was told I will be evaluated by the "shoulder" expert. Sounds good.

I have had so much help, in hospital and at home, for almost three weeks that I have become quite dependent. I still need some help dressing. All the food la belle Fille brought is helping tremendously. As mentioned, the shower chair is a must! Thank goodness my hair is so short...it hardly needs combing. Dear Husband has turned into a pretty good kitchen helper and laundry starter. And we have a friend coming in to help with vacuuming, etc every couple weeks. I think the worst is over!

I know this was supposed to be all about shoulder surgery. How did I get so sidetracked? Certainly, the complications I have had are not common. But they are the unexpected vicissitudes of any surgical experience. I am so thankful to have had good medical care. The only thing I should have done differently is that I should have paid more attention to my physical distress immediately after and in the week after surgery. Had I complained more my situation would have been treated sooner. But all is well that ends well and I feel I am on track now.

Let the healing begin!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are home - again. I did PT at the Florida Hospital Flagler and was very pleased. Everyone is so nice and the therapists are really good at what they do.

    ReplyDelete