Translate

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Surgery day + 16...still catching up

I have quit bubbling and my hemoglobin is up to 8.5! Going home!

Thank goodness. My poor left forearm looks like a gnarly pin cushion. Dr. Marsh removed eight inches of tubing from my chest wall. Coming out was a lot easier than going in! The pressure bandage over the wound feels like a baseball but it is still a lot more comfortable than the tube. Dr. Marco was amazed at the positive effect of the Epogen on my Hemoglobin. Hooray!

My shoulder remains a non-issue. It is healing and comfortable. I have been given some isometric exercises to do until I see the regular physical therapist. I am late getting started on that due to circumstances beyond my control.

Did I complain about the "bum's rush" I got leaving the hospital ten days ago? Be careful what you wish for. About eleven AM the word came down I could leave. It was after 5:00 PM before I was released! Isn't there a happy medium?

First thing I did when I got home? Shower and wash my hair!

Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment