Translate

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

End of Day 1

By the time I was moved to my room it was 6:00 PM. I was alert but weak and not hungry, even though I was offered all sorts of food, snacks and even grilled cheese sandwiches. I was thirsty and water sounded perfect. A dry erase board across from the foot of the bed was crucial to my knowing who was who. There was a veritable parade of doctors, nurses, therapists, technicians, service people,  food service workers and volunteers. Everyone introduced themselves. Every procedure was explained, every drug was identified. Everyone asked about my pain level and offered pain relief if needed. As abhorrent as a catheter is it was a blessing to not have to get out of bed to tinkle. After family visits I was able to sleep intermittently all night. Day 1 went pretty smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment