Translate

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

PT after 6 weeks...PO Day 51

I am so glad to now be in the Active phase of physical therapy. In just the last eight or ten days I have made tremendous progress. I think so, at least.

If someone wants to compare notes, here is what I am assigned to do at home:

Simple curls with a 1 lb weight, 3 sets of ten

 Shoulder shrugs, 3 sets of ten

Shoulder blade squeezes, 3 sets of ten

Pulley arm lifts for two minutes, seated

Oblique pulley arm lifts for two minutes, seated

Bar raises from thigh to vertical, 3 sets of ten, lying down

Bar raises from chest to vertical, 3 sets of ten, lying down

Slide hand up wall to maximum stretch, ten times

Continue isometric exercises, arm bent at elbow, push and resist forward, back, in and out. 3 sets of ten.

Always keep your elbow forward of your waist, don't let your arm move back of the scapular plane.

If you don't have a 1 lb dumbbell, a can of vegetables (15 1/2 oz) works fine.  And I use a vacuum cleaner wand for a bar to lift.

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN THERAPIST'S GUIDELINES. I AM ONLY POSTING THIS TO SAY WHAT I DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment