Translate

Friday, August 8, 2014

Looking for a little "closure"...PO Day 53


What a great suggestion, front closure bras! (See comments Day 52)  But I am not willing to start over in the lingerie department. Bras are just too expensive to toss out good ones. How to create the front hook? A regular hook and eye would never do. I even thought about Velcro. Wouldn't work. I have one Bali front closure bra and it is excellent. The clip is simple and very secure. I need one of those new 3-D copiers!
  
Or...Bramakerssupply.com  Don't you love the web? A Google search turned up this wonderful Canadian company that sells everything to repair, redesign or create your own foundation garments. Instructions, fabric, straps, clips and hooks, underwire, padding, lace, boning, front closures, back closures...you name it, they have it. These clips are exactly like the one on the BALI bra I have. They sell smaller ones and different styles but these were kind of the Cadillac of bra hooks for the outrageous price of $2.00 each! 

I ordered three sets to see if they work out. Can't imagine what could go wrong. I hope I am brave enough to cut the front of a good bra in two. At least now I think I can raise my arm up high enough to use the sewing machine. More progress!

I should mention that I did find a couple other sources for these clips but they were wholesale sources out of China and required a minimum order of 2000. Probably more than I need. :)

Willet

                                   
1 3/8
1 3/8" (35 mm) Tall Clips , CT-9
For any type of front closure bra that uses a clip, this clip will do the job. The slots on each side are intended for a fabric tube to feed through. The size refers to the size of the tape used, not the size of the clip itself. Now you really can have a front closing bra. One clip per package.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! So glad you may have solved one of the "reach" problems. You might be able to completely dress yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping it works as well as it should. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete