Translate

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

One More Doctor To Thank...PO Day 50

I've managed to send thanks to all but one of the physicians who took such good care of me during and after my shoulder surgery. I still have the Emergency Room doctor who treated the pneumothorax to contact. I have stopped at the ER twice and called twice. Either he is avoiding me, he has been on vacation, or he moves around between hospital ERs. I think it is the latter.

I called the ER again this morning and asked if Dr. Right was working today. Or tomorrow. Or when again? The nurse told me that they were not allowed to give out that information.  That's the first time someone has put it so bluntly. But I kind of understand. As grateful as I am, I suppose there could be patients or family who were unhappy with a staff person. After a long moment of silence I explained that I wanted to bring him some cookies and a thank you card. Those were the magic words and she gave me his schedule.

She doesn't pass muster as a very good security guard but she obviously appreciates the merits of homemade cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment