Translate

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My operation didn't make the news...PO Day 64

This has kind of been my lost summer. Between getting ready for surgery and having surgery, what with complications that put me back in the hospital, and a slow start on physical therapy, I am just finally getting back to a normal life and going out in the world.

If we go out to eat the server asks where we have been. When I go to the post office the postal worker says she has missed me. Now that I have started walking for exercise again I encounter somewhat distant neighbors who inquire if I have been " up north," where most sensible people here go to escape our hot and humid summers.

Too bad my little local paper did not cover my story. It would have saved me a lot of explaining. On the other hand, I might not like the scrutiny and unsolicited advise that comes with a public life. Anyway, I thought it was interesting to read about Justice Breyer and if he checks in to my blog I wish he would let us know how he is getting along. :) I might also suggest he stay off of a bicycle!


"According to Supreme Court spokesperson Kathleen Arberg, Associate Justice Stephen Breyer underwent reverse shoulder replacement surgery for a proximal humerus fracture at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital on the morning of April 27th, 2013.
The fracture was sustained in his right shoulder after a fall from his bicycle on the afternoon of April 26th, where he was taken to the hospital by an ambulance.
This is the third biking mishap for Justice Breyer. Two years ago, he fractured his right clavicle (collarbone) after he fell near his home in Cambridge, Mass. He suffered a collapsed lung and multiple rib fractures in 1993 when he was struck by a car as he was riding his bicycle in Harvard Square."

1 comment:

  1. You and Justice Breyer surely have much in common-medically speaking, at least! It would be very interesting for you to be able to "compare notes" on your experiences.

    ReplyDelete