Translate

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Diane Keaton or Me...PO Day 73

Of all the personal and household chores I can now do (even with my newly sore arm) my greatest achievement may be coloring my hair.

The fact is that I have been coloring my hair one armed. It's a messy job with two good arms but, with only one, it's a disaster. Globs of gelatinous hair dye drip on the bathroom sink, the vanity, the bath towel, and the rug. I didn't even pretend I was "parting off sections and applying the product to the roots only." I was lucky to get it somewhere near the crown of my head and then be able to smear it around. My temples and the nape of my neck never quite got covered adequately.

But the other day, with a functioning right arm, I tackled the job again. What a difference! What progress! Physical therapy may just be worth it.

I wouldn't say L'Oreal will be calling to ask me to represent the senior segment of society in an ad campaign. It didn't turn out that good and they already have Diane Keaton. But, like Diane, I look like "I am worth it," again.

Now if I could just pluck my eyebrows...

No comments:

Post a Comment