Translate

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Grocery Shopping...PO Day 68

About all that's left of the pre-surgery frozen cache are desserts. I think there is one spaghetti casserole still buried under the permanent freezer paraphernalia; a ziplock bag of frozen bread crumbs, a package of bait shrimp ( just in case), and a half bag of pre chopped onions and celery soup mix. I need to sort out the banana cake packages, they did  not carryover well. The little chocolate cakes and the individual cherry tarts still taste fresh.  I feel sure there are a few more small chicken pot pies in there. Just need to excavate a little deeper.

But a restocking trip to the grocery store was in order this morning. Since surgery grocery shopping has been a team sport. Dear Husband pushes the cart while I fill it with fresh fruits and veggies, lunch meat, bread, milk, eggs, ice cream and other food stuffs to supplement the frozen entrees at home. Today I decided to go heavy on the fresh (or pre-frozen, as the market likes to call it) fish. I couldn't resist a few BOGOs (buy one, get one free) and a couple frozen convenience foods for nights I'd rather nuke than cook.

I was on my own. Dear Husband was two doors down returning and buying new shoes. No problem. I am knocking off a mile and a quarter now every morning and physical therapy demands all kinds of lifting, stretching and pulling.

Gathering the goods was no problem but pushing and steering the shopping cart was surprisingly difficult. I couldn't seem to exert the same force on both sides of the handle which caused the cart to veer to the right like a car with an alignment problem. That is except when I wanted to turn right, then what should have been a ninety degree turn became a wide circle careening into oncoming traffic. And it made my shoulder, the one that surprisingly never hurts, HURT! Am I not ready to solo? Is there a PT exercise to facilitate cart pushing? Do I really need a helper?

Or do I just like the company?


No comments:

Post a Comment