Translate

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Still a little anxious....PO Day 80

I have a week off from physical therapy. From going to physical therapy, that is. Even though my arm is still quite sore, I am trying to keep up the PT routine at home. But I admit I am cutting corners on my exercises. I still worry about the discomfort and I will feel more secure in continuing activity after I see Dr. Kai next week. I just want him to say everything looks in good order and to stop malingering.

Is it simply No Pain, No Gain? Have I read too much, now know too much? Am I turning into a worry wart? A hypochondriac? Am I like the Nightly News, focusing only on the negative possibilities? I never used to be that way. I never thought anything bad could happen to me.

Is it possible to grow older and not become jaded? Can one become wiser without wisdom whittling away one's positivity? Is there any middle ground between pessimism and optimism?

Perhaps Hagar the Horrible said it best when his son, doing his homework, asked "Dad, what do you call someone who always expects the worst to happen?" "A realist," Hagar responded.





Archive timeline: 2014: May and June - preparing for surgery, July - surgery and post op problems, August - recovery and physical therapy, September....

No comments:

Post a Comment