Translate

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Problems I can't solve...PO Day 89

Every once in a while a glitch shows up in one of my posts. I'm not just ignoring it, I can't figure out how to fix it! The blog program is great but one has to figure out how a lot of things work on your own. That is so true of many of the modern tech devices these days...seems to me. I just bought a new, cheap, simple cell phone. The booklet has one page with a schematic, no other directions like how to save and name a contact. I guess the assumption is that by now we all know how to do something so basic.

Dear husband's foot brace came with an instruction book. It looks quite huge until you realize that the directions are written in ten different languages. "How to put it on" is actually a small part of one page, all pictures. My kingdom for written instructions!

When I started my blog I did not know I would have the reverse Total Shoulder Replacement procedure. I would LOVE to add the word reverse to the title of my blog. Can't figure out how. I can edit most everything else but not that.

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, a paragraph break will show up in the post that wasn't there in the draft. Posts can be edited after posting and I have to do it all the time. Somehow a misspelled word or  a scrambled thought only becomes obvious after publishing. No problem. But trying to correct those paragraph errors can cause whole sections to disappear. Better to leave them alone!

I wish I could blame the blog program for my comma catastrophes but that is all my fault. Some of my run-on sentences demand four or five commas, while others could benefit from a simple period. "For lunch I like ham and cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." Wow, that's quite a combo or did I mean, "for lunch, I like ham and cheese, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches"? And what if I do like that unusual combo? Is it ham, cheese, peanut butter and jelly or am I a fan of the oxford comma and write ham, cheese, peanut butter, and jelly?

In this day of text messages and tweeting, I don't think there are too many people who notice or care!





Archive timeline: 2014: May and June - preparing for surgery, July - surgery and post op problems, August - recovery and physical therapy, September....


No comments:

Post a Comment