Translate

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Meaning to say...PO Day 338

I've been noticing, just in the last couple weeks, somethng new and good about my operated shoulder. So I thought I should share it instead of always complaining about this or that.

I can reach out and very slightly back to pick up an object. For instance, to write my daily post I use a wireless keyboard with my ipad. I can just type better on a traditional keyboard. Anyway, it is awkward to try to balance a keyboard on one's lap and arrange the ipad so you can see it or touch it as you often have to do. So I have kind of a wooden desk box that lets the keyboard lay flat in front of the ipad which is standing upright. Dear Husband made it years ago as part of a project and has not used it in ages so I took possession of it. It is just perfect for my purposes.

It sets on the floor beside a chair beside my bed. With keyboard and ipad in place it probably weighs five pounds.Anyway, as I sit in the chair I can reach out and back slightly and grasp the tall back of the wooden box and pick it p and sling it around infront of me. I know it doesn't sound like much.. It's not like fighting tigers or anything. But it is quite a plus for me in my shoulder evolution.

I do still have to be careful going through a heavy door. I can't let the weight of the door grab my arm on its way back. So I am not all the way healed but doing very well. I think. I doubt I will ever have full use of my arm behind my back. I can live with that. The only time my arm hurts is when I try to do something behind my back, like tie an apron. Would not even think of hooking up a bra behind my back.

Nothing else to report. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment