Translate

Monday, May 11, 2015

Good reason-Real reason...PO Day 325

When I started this blog nearly eleven months ago my plan was to do it for one year. I thought I would be  more handicapped from my surgery than I actually was and I thought a quiet intellectual activity would get me through sedentary months. As it turns out an operated shoulder does not keep your  other arm, legs and feet from working normally so mostly life went on pretty much as ususal.

But the blog has been great fun. I've learned a lot while reading about subjects to write about. I feel so modern to be able to say "I have a blog." I never was a diary person, not even as an adolescent when every girl used to get a locking diary for her birthday. But I have always loved to write and the blog made it not ALWAYS about me. Sometimes the topic was something I was interestd in but sometimes it was a real stretch to justify the topic of the day's post with the subject of the blog

What will I do at post op day 366? Right now my plan is to let this blog stagnate and start a new blog with a new name and a new topic. The good reaon? I have beat the subject of shoulder surgery to death and more and more go off on tangents that have nothihng to do with rTSA. So  a new blog would let me go in a new direction, conversaiton wise. The real reason? Maybe you recall several months ago suiddenly in the middle of the night my blog work site was corrupted and all the directions. identifying words, everything word or letter except what I type has been replaced with a kind of rectanular 0. I can't do anything innovative because I can't read any directions. I cnn only enter my daily posts as i can remember the directions but no way can I now read them. They are just not here.

The only way to have a normal blog format again is to start a new one. blogspot is a division of Google, they host the site. Blogpsot is a free service so Google has no motivation to spend a lot of time and energy solving we freeloader's tech problems. So, for now, my plan is to let this blog lay fallow and move to a new site on PO Day 366. I do think there are some pearls of wisdom here for the potential surgery patient so I'll leave it open and refer readers to my new site if they want to follow me.

At least that's the plan. We'll see what really happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment