Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Can't Explain it... P O Day 326

I can't explain why I have  had so much energy lately. It's almost as if I am manically pushing myself. I don't think I have ever been obsessive compulsive but I am certainly staying busy. This phase seems to coinside with my lack of exercise. Could that explain it? Does my usual exercise program make me tired enough that I don't have the pizazz for other projects?

I do miss exercising. Without it I just don't feel as coordinated or physically organized when I am a couch potato. It's kind of a "catch 22" situtation; exercise makes me physically tired but I have more energy for little projects if I don't exercise. If I do exercise my body seems more pulled together but I am tired.

Well, we'll see. My friend with whom I usually walk has not been available to encourage me to do it. But she's back! We plan a short walk tomorrow morning. I'm anxious to see what happens. I don't want to lose the enthusiasm for getting things around the house done. But it is a miracle I have not gained weight without the physical activity. Why can't I have it both? Have it all?

I was cleaning out a closet recently and found some material that I had bought when granddaughter was about three years old.  There were three diffierent pieces of coordinating material featuring cute litttle frogs on lilly pads. While it would have been darling on a three year old, a cool ten year old wouldn't be caught in such an outfit. What was I to do with it? I made three differnt aprons, each more fun to make than the previous. Then I started looking at old linens, tablecloths that don't fit our table or have a hole or some issue. Dear Husband asked me to make him a "bib" to wear when eating something messy. One bib turned into severeal. A trip to visit a friend who is severely handicapped turrned into a reason to make her a few stylish bibs. Once a fashionista, always a fashionista. Bibs morphed into smocks, like an art teacher would wear to protect her clothes. No, there are no art teachers in the family.  Smocks have evolved into gardening aprons...at least one that is now being "field tested." What next?  I am addicted!

But sitting at a sewing machine is doing nothing for my physical self. So tomorrow it's back on the road again.. I hope I can do it! I hope I can do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment