Translate

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Exercise ...P O Day 317

I have not been exercisiing. Thats not to say I haven't been busy or doing things. I've been sewing and cleaning and working in the yard...but none of that counts as exercise. My brain has been challenged due to a new computer in the house but exercising one's brain doesn't do anything for the body.

And apparently, exercise without sweat doesn't count either. As reported in The Week (yes, my favorite magazine), a group of Australian researchers followed 200,000 people for six years. Those who exercised more vigorously, enough to break a sweat, had a mortality rate up to 13% lower than those who exercised but with less enthusiasm, shall we say.

"The benefits of vigorous activity  applied were independent of the total amount of time spent being active'" saaid Klaus Gebel, the lead author of the report.

I wonder if my fairly slow walking pace qualifies? Eleven months of the year I break a sweat. Pretty easy to do in Florida! 

No comments:

Post a Comment