Translate

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Who's been busy?...PO Day 309

What in the world is keeping Willet from writing her blog? Has she lost interest in communicating? Is she too wrapped up in other projects? Gone back to regular employment, has a houseful of visitors, taken a lover? I don't know, no, maybe, no, no and no!

For one thing, I am sleeping better. Finally! I do still wake up at 1:00 or 2:00 (as evidenced by this writing) but I now am quite sleepy and go back to sleep easily. And I am not waking up at 4:00 AM, alert and ready to set the world on fire. I do miss the head start I got on the day but I am glad to be able to sleep until six or seven. My body and soul function better with a couple more hours of sleep.

That countdown clock has definitely gotten inside my head. I now feel the pressure of time like I never have before. All those projects that I was going to get to some day are annoyingly lining up and crying out, "me first." Today I tackled the job of altering a blouse, collecting clothes I don't wear to donate to the thrift shop, and cleaning my silver jewelry. Boy, do I sparkle now!

It's true, I don't have a lot to say about reverse total shoulder replacement surgery. After ten months I feel like I am pretty much over it. At nine months post op it seemed like everything just began to click into place. Oh, I do still have some discomfort, in some positions, doing some heavy work, but I think I have reached optimum improvement. I am very satisfied with the results. My right arm lifts and stretches as fully and well as the left. It is still not as strong as the left but I am making progress there too. Tincture of time. I will have a good report for my surgeon when I see him at twelve months
post op.

I am loving my artsy painting project. Please don't get the impression that I am an artist. I am a dabbler, a rank amateur, a graduate of the school of "art for the elementary school teacher." But this project is a true labor of love and I can spend a couple hours in painting rapture, easily ignoring life's real obligations. In an extreme display of self control I have put my paint and brushes away, temporarily, so as to not finish the job too quickly. Unusual restraint for me.

And finally, since you asked :) ... Computer problems! If I am going to write much on my iPad mini I enlist my wireless keyboard. It's easier typing, has key functions to move around that the iPad's screen keyboard does not have, and encourages proper typing form. I had to replace the batteries in the keyboard, no problem. But when I turned on the duo again the keyboard and my iPad mini did not "pair" up. For two days my iPad mini stubbornly refused to tell me why it was not talking to the keyboard. The keyboard would only say I should be sure it was turned on and within range (30'). I did, it was! Long story short, the keyboard had decided to take up with a previous partner (my old iPad) and Apple will only permit monogamous relationships. If the keyboard, for whatever nostalgic romantic reasons, was going to "pair" with my old iPad, nothing I did was going to restore everyone to their rightful stations. A hardware divorce was in order! That done, the keyboard snuggled up to the iPad mini and marital harmony was restored. And I am a ten finger typist again!

So, I'm sure that is more than anyone wanted to know but that's where I've been and where I am.





No comments:

Post a Comment