Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Upcoming doctor visit...PO Day 314

I have an appointment with my favorite physician this coming Monday. No matter what is going on, he always makes me feel like everything will be fine. When I see him I don't have that feeling of dread that usually accompanies me to a doctor visit.

But I am a little nervous this time. I went for my blood work today. I thought I could see little fat droplets mixed in with the blood as the technician filled the vial. Perhaps I exaggerate a little but I just know the Lipid panel part is going to be bad news. The numbers are usually fine amd I feel as if I have aced my SATs.

What is different this time? Since Christmas I have been baking and eating everything bad for you. Cookies are practically a food group all on their own, as if they belong right there beside fruits and vegetables. And I have not been exercising, the only way to reduce  one's bad cholesterol and raise the good cholesterol numbers. My "walking buddy" has been tied up with her own medical visits and tests, on top of which she has had house guests. Normally we walk two to three miles every morning.

At first, when I had no one encouraging me to "just do it," I felt guilty that I was being a slug. But I quickly realized that eliminating an hour of moderate exercise left me with more energy for home projects like gardening or cleaning. Why can't mopping floors or polishing wood furniture do the same thing for your health as traditional forms of exercise? But it doesn't and I fear the tale will be told when we see my lab results Monday.


My only hope is that the cookies I take to the doctor and staff help him understand my total lack of self control.



No comments:

Post a Comment