Translate

Monday, March 30, 2015

no exercise but...PO Day 287

I have not been exercising but I have had tons of energy. Is there any relationship?

Normally I walk every morning, two and a half  to maybe three miles. I don't walk fast so I am not exhausted when I finish but I am a little tired. My friend with whom I normally walk has had company and committments so she has not been the incentive I obviously need. I feel guilty but wow, I have been full of energy for projects around the house. Is it just because I am not exercising? I've always  heard that exercise gives us more energy

It started with the plan to change our bedroom. New curtains had that trickle down effect which meant cleaning, as much rearranging as possible, touch up painting, a new (albeit old) bedspread, new pillow cases, some wall things removed and replaced.

Sewing the curtains caused me to sort out fabric and trims. I found material I bought about seven years ago to make a dress for a granddaughter. Now she is too old for green frogs on lily pads and peach polka dots so it became a cute apron. One apron turned into three and now I can outift visiting chefs.

I cleaned out my craft closet. Well, maybe not "out," more "up." I can't seem to throw anything away. If I do, I almost immediately need it. I'm not a hoarder but admit to owning a bit of clutter. We've added on to our house twice and both times included extra storage. It didn't help a bit. My house keeping operational mantra is "clutter rises to meet available space." The only way to  have less stuff is to move to a smaller house.


Next project is to get outside and rake some oak leaves. Unlike the rest of the world, our oak trees lose their leaves in the spring as the new growth pushes the old growth out of the way. Leaves are mixed with catkins and thick yellow pollen.When it rains overlapping rings of yellow pollen line the borders of  where puddles stood but have evaporated It looks as if the street is decorated with chaotic olympic circles.

So, am I only so productive because I am skipping the all important formal exercise? As we all know, house work or yard work do not count as exercise. Instead of burning more calrories I think house work just makes us hungry and we eat more. Well, my walking partner's company is about to leave, a short respite before the next wave arrives. So we'll see if my mood prevails or if I revert to my old lazy self.

No comments:

Post a Comment