Translate

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Nothing to say...PO Day 191

I have nothing witty to say. Not even anything boring or dull. My brain cells are fully occupied with last minute Christmas thoughts. Fortunately family members have taken on the responsibility of negotiating who goes where when. I don't think the White House social secretary could have done a better job of tip toeing the diplomatic minefield of a blended family holiday! Thank goodness for great step daughters and daughter in law.

 I am having such fun making chocolate mice that traditional Christmas cookie baking has been neglected. But everyone thinks the little mice are too cute and it is more fun to give them away than a mundane chocolate chip cookie. Not that my chocolate chip cookie is mundane...I use the New York Times recipe which is great. I don't know who came up with the mouse idea but they deserve some kind of recognition for creating culinary cuteness.

Presents are wrapped but no bows yet. When I took inventory I realized I have one more gift to buy so will make a dash to local stores today.  The guys, who are usually SO hard, are mostly getting gift cards so they are turning out to be SO easy. There is still the suspense of whether or not UPS, FED EX or the USPS will actually get some packages to their destination by the 24th. The new tracking only shows things have been shipped, not where they are en route.

I should be asleep but I guess I am anxious to wrap up things, literally. If I shut down my iPad and turn off the tv will my brain stop spinning? I guess I should try. If I can't go to sleep I'll come back here to hang out.

Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment