Translate

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas shopping..PO Day 182

I was one of the hoards of people out Christmas shopping today. About time! I have been a real slacker about doing anything to prepare. Oh, there's a wreath on the front door and my Martha Stewart's design three tiered tree in the living room. I did buy some Christmas cards and Dear Husband has addressed his half. I'll try to do mine today. I have made some cookies but that is nothing unusual.

I had an appointment for a pre-Christmas hair cut  today but along with falling out my hair is just not growing. At all. It is quite short so normally even two weeks time results in out of control curls at the nape of my neck. I often take a pair of scissors to the fringe on my neck and in front of my ears between appointments. But not this month. Weird.

My shopping gene must have been damaged during my rTSA surgery as I have just not been interested. I didn't even have my usual collection of coupons and discount $ off cards  with me today. Did I throw them away thinking I would never shop again? Macy's was great...when I bemoaned to the clerk that I didn't have the requisite $50 purchase to qualify for the 20% off, the coupon for which I didn't have anyway, she instantly offered me $10 off the already great sale price I was getting on a Lenox tablecloth. Steinmarts was so crowded but I managed to find something for a teen grandson, absolutely the hardest person to shop for. TJMaxx  had the longest line to check out I've ever seen there. Unfortunately I only found something for myself, a real danger of aimless Christmas shopping.

One more marathon shopping day should do it.

I have to mention the wreath on the inside of our kitchen door. Dear Son and Daughter in law sent us a live wreath from L.L.Bean last year just after thanksgiving. It was adorned with sand dollars and star fish, appropriate since we live in a little beach village. It was so pretty that I hung it on the inside of the kitchen door so the weather would not destroy it so quickly. Well, time passed and the wreath did not deteriorate. That door gets opened and slammed shut several times a day but no needles fell to the floor. Christmas 2013 turned into Valentines Day and the wreath endured. Soon Independence Day came and went, Labor Day and Halloweeen. The wreath endured. It got to be a challenge to see how long it would last. I looked at it the other day, tugged at a few branches to see if a handful of needles would fall off...they didn't, and decided the only sign of age was a change in color from evergreen to Olive green. So I took it down, expecting it to fall apart in my hands...it didn't, and I sprayed it with an ancient can of fake snow. It is back in its place of honor, now well into its second year.

That's my Christmas miracle story this year. I should tell L.L.Bean.



No comments:

Post a Comment