Translate

Friday, December 12, 2014

Celebration...PODay 180!

It is hard to believe it has been 180 days since my rTSA surgery. Six months!  My six months check up is next week so I guess that will make it official. I wonder if after that my next visit will be in six months, then once a year? And for how long? Am I now a perpetual patient, like the anniversary clock my aunt had on her buffet, the one that had to be wound up once a year? It seems so strange to be a regular patient who sees the doctor on a fixed routine. I was always the person who went to the doctor when she was sick. Otherwise, not at all.

I always say that if you go to the doctor they are going to find something wrong with you. It's their job. Obviously I am not a big fan of the well-patient check up.

My favorite doctor is my primary care physician. I've referred to him here as Dr. Kildare. He is caring and thorough but he never makes you feel like there is something wrong, even when there is. He eases you into the shock of something being amiss. I like it that he allows me a short period of denial before I have to cope with the truth. If a lab result is a little high, he says it is nothing to worry about. But he can be firm and when something really is wrong, he cuts to the chase, orders the tests and does what has to be done.

I made more of the Christmas chocolate mice. It wasn't as much fun as doing it with the grandchildren. Boxed some up and delivered them to three of our doctors today. At our ages you can't   drop by a doctor's office without running into a friend...naturally we did today. She lamented that she had not brought something to the doctor, like food. But I am glad she didn't as anything she made would have been spectacular and my little mice would have hung their heads in embarrassment. I want to make one more batch so I'll have some to mail to a grandson in California. I wonder if they'll
survive the trip? Well, it's the thought that counts.

I have to get busy and do something for Christmas. I haven't finished my shopping, very little decorating, just don't have it together. Maybe I should spend less time on line!



No comments:

Post a Comment