Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's not easy! PODay 177


Touch the image to enlarge it.


I don't know if anyone remembers my google disaster of a month ago. Suddenly, in the middle if the night, probably because I hit some weird key combination, all the Google instructions on all the Google pages changed from letters to rectangular Os. I did everything to change things back to normal to no avail. This has happened to other people and the support chat areas are full of details. I've tried all the fixes but I now think the only thing I can do is delete my current Google account and start over. The problem is not in my equipment, it is in the Google program. 


Well, I don't want to cancel my blog. When I started this I said I'd stick with it for one year or until I ran out of things to say. So I am stuck with the lack of directions. I can mostly remember what to click on to do the normal things like write a new post or publish it. Sometimes I go to the wrong place because I clicked on OOOO OO instead of OO OOO OO. I can no longer tell how many readers are checking in from which countries and I miss that function. Believe it or not, I had quite a few readers from France. The program still reports the data, I just can't tell who OOO OOOO is from who OO OOOO is.

If a message pops up I don't have a clue what it says. Fortunately what I write appears in normal letter print. And if I open the blog like the reader does, it appears in normal print. So I guess things could be worse.  I consider the inconvenience a challenge for my memory and I am doing pretty well. Maybe this will ward off Alzheimer's. 

Naturally, since blogspot is a free service provided by Google there is no tech support to call for help.  I can't use the Settings function since I can't read any of the directions. Not even the word Settings but I do remember how to open it. Google members have made many suggestions and they either don't work or I can't do them because I can't read anything! I thought I could outsmart the program and tried logging in on a Dear Husband's computer. That's what made me realize the problem is in the Google settings, not my equipment. 

So, I'm sharing my sad tale to excuse all the strange things that might happen here. It's only six more months to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment