Translate

Friday, January 9, 2015

Enough seriousness...PODay 208

OK, I've been serious for several days in a row. If I didn't quite stick to topics regarding shoulder surgery, I did stay in the medical realm. But what is really on my mind is making a list of New Year's Resolutions. I don't think, for one moment, that I will be able to stick to them all but it doesn't hurt to have goals and aspirations for the coming year.

There are the tired and trite resolutions to exercise more, lose weight, clean out clutter, etc. Of course I need to do all of those things but I've been promising to do them for decades. I think it is time to take a new approach to doing a better job with my life.

Does that mean I have to befriend the neighbor I don't speak to? Has Hades iced over? Must I really eat less chocolate? It is a main staple in my diet. Cut back on TV watching? It's true, it's constantly on but I'm not really watching ALL the time. Quit procrastinating? Maybe next week. I don't smoke or drink (much) so it would not be much of a sacrifice to give up. Be kind to old people and small children?  There are no small children around here, just annoying old people. Spend less time on the computer? Then I would just spend more time watching TV. Shall I go to bed earlier? Any earlier and it would still be light outside! Should I get up earlier? Any earlier and you couldn't call it morning! I could swear I'd go to doctors less but once they get a grip on you, you lose control.

Maybe I'll just muddle along, try to exercise more and lose a few pounds. I could clean out some closets, that would be good. Sounds like a plan.

Happy New Year!













Archive timeline: 2014: May and June - preparing for surgery, July - surgery and post op problems, 
August - recovery and physical therapy, September - thinking medically, October - getting back to 
normal. November. -still in recovery, December-6 months and holding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment