Translate

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Missing in action...PODay 376

i know, I know. Where did I go? I've been struggling to get my new blog up and running. I guess my brain does not work like a computer program. I stumble from event to entry without success and then suddenly something works and I have no idea why or how to do it again. I will admit that there have been some changes in Picasso, the photo site for storing your pictures to post on your blog and it works,at least for me, much better.

My new blog is about cooking, eating and making aprons and bibs, my new favorite hobby. There are no rules to creating an apron. No pattern that tells you what to do. The fabric decides the design. It's kind of like when Michelangelo was asked how he decided what to carve from a piece of marble. He replied that the statue was in the marble, he just released it. Not that I am comparing my hobby to great art...but the apron is there, in the vintage tablecloth or the linen table runner or even the 70s party dress. How fun it is to repurpose a piece of cloth and give it a new life.

But, unfortunately, there are no new ideas. When Dear Husband started wearing a hand towel around his neck to catch crumbs and dribbles, I thought I could come up with something better looking. He, and certainly not I, was not ready for the adult version of the terry cloth baby bib. My great idea was the "bub."  I swear it was my idea! But la belle fille is in Idaho and saw my idea in a upscale kitchen shop. NO! Oh well, at least it is an upscale kitchen shop.

Why a "bub?" Do you watch Seinfeld? Kramer and George's father saw the commercial need for a male bra. But they needed a more macho name than bra. Naturally. So it was dubbed the "bro." Well, not many men think a bib is very masculine but a "bub" ? Jack Nicklaus would wear a bub, jack Nicholson would wear a bub. Heck, Jack Palance would wear a bub while doing one handed push ups.

As tidy as we women are, there could be occasions when we might need a bib. But there's that name again. We do tend to be a bit more secure than the guys but still, it's all in the image. So if it's not a bib and not a bub...it's a bab! With a long a, like babe. I've got to find one of those pronunciation mark things like in a dictionary. I bet I can copy the mark over. We'll see.

So to my loyal followers...I'm going to try to keep both blogs going. Maybe posting in an alternating manner. Here's the address of my new blog... Bibbitties.blogspot.com

 I'll see you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment