Translate

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Shopping cart shoulder...PODay 122

There's tennis elbow and turf toe, housemaid's knees and Raquetball wrist. Now I have one to add to the list, shopping cart shoulder.

Today was our not too frequent trip to the big discount store. It combined groceries plus a list of little household and garden odds and ends. I've never learned the arrangement of the merchandise and there is a lot of wandering aisles aimlessly and backtracking looking for less common items like ceiling fan chain extensions and wax for no wax floors. Weed eater line was a total no-go, the lawn equipment department is now Christmas Central. I am really not ready for that!

Dear Husband was on his own mission so I was in charge of driving my own shopping cart. I can't figure it out but there is something about steering a cart that just kills my shoulder. Yes, I have whined about this before, August PO Day 68. Wouldn't  you think things would be better? Or, wouldn't you think I would have learned something? Apparently not.

So I am home now, soothing my discomfort with an ice pack and chocolate cake with ice cream. A perfect prescription for pain. But this is a temporary tonic. The season for marathon shopping is fast upon us. I had a glimpse of the future today when I discovered wreaths and tinsel where weed whackers and top soil used to be. I see two possible solutions here: I can join the tsunami of online shoppers who shop in their pajamas for purchases that magically show up at the door for a punitive shipping and handling cost or I could frequent the chi chi specialty shops with salesgirls who wrap expensive doodads in lilac tissue and carry your packages to the car for you. At least there would be no loaded down shopping cart tweaking my shoulder and ruining my holiday spirits.

But wait! There is another option. A nearby place with a selection guaranteed to please the pickiest person on your list. Books from Amazon, apparel from Macy's, housewares from Bed, Bath and Beyond, candlelight dinners or fast food fare, concert tickets to see Adele, or tools from your favorite home improvement store..it is the Gift Card kiosk at the local grocery store! No shopping cart required.

I have the perfect excuse this year and I'm using it!
http://youtu.be/3k27udNlpGM

Archive timeline: 2014: May and June - preparing for surgery, July - surgery and post op problems, August - recovery and physical therapy, September - thinking medically, October--




Archive timeline: 2014: May and June - preparing for surgery, July - surgery and post op problems, August - recovery and physical therapy, September - thinking medically, October--

2 comments:

  1. Love the chocolate cake and ice cream....a woman after my own heart. You're probably one of the most excellent writer's I have ever read. I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I dearly miss writing every day but had pretty well exhausted the subject. It is so nice to get some feedback from a reader, especially after all this time. I treasure your words.

    ReplyDelete